Monday, February 2, 2009

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BACK?

What is the reason why we feel the never ending pain in our back, an excruciating pain in whatever we do. We can feel it by bending, standing and lying. Can this be controlled? Probably yes. If in short duration, medicine for pain will do.

Many people believed that it was due to sprain. Any faulty movement you do triggers the already strained ligament. When it cramps, severe pain occurred at the back.

We are all affected by this painful back. Most commonly targeted by this inconvenience were older adults especially those in their prime of life.

There are other causes such as fractures, infections to the ligament and inflammation in the spinal cord. Due to this pain, it controls us in doing our normal activities. Sitting too long without stretching may cause the back muscles to have spasm because of bad posture.

I experienced this pain after my office work. I was writing and doing my daily tasks of recording transaction during the day from morning until afternoon. As I stretched my muscles while bending a little my back ache. When I stand up the more severe pain I felt. I wondered how I have this pain when I was only writing.

Looking for the reason, I asked my friend, an intern in the hospital and told me that any awkward movement from the normal position affect the ligaments in the back by pulling a muscles and strain the ligaments. Muscle spasm maybe felt and may last for several days. The muscles became weak and they no longer hold the muscles effectively. He told me further that one way to stretch out the spasm is to do an exercise everyday so that any muscles that were affected can be corrected, but only those that are temporary excluding those cases related to severe health condition.

My friend was right. Exercise helps a lot to ease the pain. I have tried it several days and it seemed there was improvement. Although there is still a mild pain but those excruciating pain was gone. So I concluded that exercise has a major role to correct those cramp muscles by means of stretching and bending keeping the back more flexible and improving the general condition of the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment